Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother Of The Year!!!

Today started out really rough! I was all ready for work, waiting for Grandma and Papa to get here to babysit Sofia. I decided I would make a quick trip to the mailbox. I put Sofia in her stroller, didn't buckle her in because we were only going across the street. On our way back, the stroller seemed stuck. So I rolled it forward to try to get it moving...no luck. So, I looked down to see what was in the way...and yes you guessed it...It was Sofia face down on the side walk!! SHE FELL OUT OF HER STROLLER!! Not only did she fall out of her stroller, I tried to run her over!
In total panic mode...I scooped down to pick her up and the screaming started. I was so scared to look at her face. I turned around and saw Grandma and Papa pulling up. I waved them down to come now!!! My mom said I was ghost white and she knew something was seriously wrong. My mom grabbed her. (I was in shock) I checked her out from head to toe. She had a tiny scratch on her forehead, her fingers were scratched up, her knees were scrapped, and she stubbed her big toe. Other than that, she was fine. Argh!! It took her some cuddles and a bottle to calm her down. The worst part was I had to leave for work five minutes after!! And let me tell you I cried the whole way!! Poor Pumpkin!!

Let's hope no one from social services reads my blog!!!

5 comments:

sburns said...

That was a scary moment. Not the way to start a day but Sofia was fine. Better than Mommy!

jlo said...

Jeez. I would never let my kid fall out of anything.

Unknown said...

It happens to everyone! You are a great mommy! She is so cute. I couldn't even see the scratch! Trust me! Just the fact that you cared so much means you are a super star!

girlytwins said...

There will be more of those proud mommy moments for sure. It happens to the best of us :) I locked Charlotte in the car in the middle of summer at a store and had to call AAA. I was a wreck. I think the people walking by my in the parking lot crying hysterically must have thought I was a whack job. But she was fine. I think I cried for 3 hours after I got her out I was so freaked out.

Jason, as himself said...

Oh, Becky! That is scary.

Both YOU AND YOUR SISTER are Mother of the Year? Wow! That's incredible.

And there's only one person to blame, I mean, thank for this:

B-O-N-N-I-E!!!