Friday, January 2, 2009

Sofia Has Arrived...

Here is the final picture of my belly. It was taken two days before my water broke. On December 30th, I was admitted to Kaiser. They told me to get comfortable because I would be staying there until Sofia was born. On January 1st at 4:00 am they decided to induce me. Let the good times roll!!!




I can't believe I'm posting this picture!! Who looks good during labor anyway right?? This is me not happy. I'll admit, I had a few meltdowns, said a few choice words...And if the nurse said one more time..."Now you know why they call it labor..." I was going to kick her!! On January 2nd at 4:24 am (For those of you that don't do the math, that's 24 hours and 24 minutes of labor) Sofia Autumn arrived!! She was 5 weeks early weighing in at 5lbs. 6oz. We couldn't believe she was 18 1/2 inches long (She doesn't get that from her mother or father). Unfortunately since she was early she had to take a trip to the NICU!


All of the doctors and nurses in the NICU were amazing. They kept us well informed and more importantly, gave Sofia lots of love!!


The only problem Sofia had was digesting her food. Unfortunately, this meant she had to have a feeding tube for 2 days. It was a little hard for mommy and daddy, but Sofia didn't mind at all!



The nurses were so wonderful, they let us visit anytime day or night! For the next five days, Charlie and I lived there.




I don't know how Charlie did it. He was already back to work. There were nights we didn't get home until 1 in the morning! But I don't think Charlie minded one bit!!

No comments: