Sunday, June 21, 2009

Charlie's 1st Father's Day...

On our first day in Arizona we celebrated Father's Day. Since it was Charlie's 1st, I wanted to make it extra special. The night before, when he finally fell asleep, I changed Sofia into a onesie that said, "I Love My Dad...Happy Father's Day 2009". So, it was a big surprise when he saw her in the morning. We also got to spend Father's Day with my dad and Andy. We started the morning by opening presents. Charlie got a scrapbook of him and Sofia (that I just whipped up while tending to my five month old ), a new workout outfit (you should see what he has been wearing to the gym), and a 10lb medicine ball to "sculpt his abs" (at his request). Then Grandma whipped up omelets, hash browns, and bacon. After a few photos were taken we headed down to the pool for some relaxation. It was Sofia's first time in the pool, she loves the water. Wait until you see the pictures...Sorry you'll have to wait for my bathing beauty blog...
Sofia loves her Daddy...
For dinner it was supposed to be the boys choice, but after some debating...we ended up at a tiny Italian restaurant with one highchair that was currently being used. It was an interesting dinner, but it turned out really nice and the service was fantastic...
Happy Father's Day Charlie, Andy, and Dad. I hope you enjoyed your day!!

3 comments:

jlo said...

Lean in!

Jason, as himself said...

How could they have not enjoyed their day?

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. He wanted a medicine ball for his abs? Great man. And, you are right, I did notice his big, huge arm muscles at Jlo's post about the stadium! Wowza. You tell him that I think he is SUPER strong! Oh, and also tell him that I would like you to produce more children without ceasing until your 50's : ) I am sure he will think I am cool and very normal. Or not : )