Friday, July 10, 2009

Santa Monica Pier

Today Charlie had the day off, so we headed to the Santa Monica Pier. Both Sofia and I had never been there, but Charlie went there a lot when he was young.
We rode the Ferris Wheel...and let me tell you it was high up there!!! Here I am thinking...Don't look down...Don't look down...
Sofia wasn't even sure about the ride...She is thinking...Where are we???
Did I mention it is high up?...My palms are sweating just posting the pictures!!!
Charlie played a little basketball...and won Sofia a little stuffed turtle...

Photobucket

Then we sat and watched the Dancing Disco Diva...This picture says a million words...


Photobucket

And you can't go to Santa Monica Pier without eating a funnel cake...Yummy! We had a great day. I love taking Sofia to new places. She is such a good baby. I wonder what else we will be doing this summer???


6 comments:

jlo said...

A funnel cake and a slurpee? Aunt Jen would have had to watch from the sidelines...no ferris wheel for me! ;)

Jason, as himself said...

You had never been to the Santa Monica Pier? You come from the family who does all the fun things, and you never went to the pier?

Well, I'm glad Sofia liked it. Did she like the funnel cake?

FishMama said...

I was nervous just looking at your pictures.

Hi Becky!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ditto to Jason's comment...You've never been to SM Pier? Where have you been all these years, under a rock? :)
Love the pictures. It looks like it was a beautiful day at the beach.

girlytwins said...

I have never been to the SM pier either. Looks like a trip must be planned, funnels cakes r so yummy but I will pass on the ferris wheel...I am so scared of heights :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a perfect day! Come say hi to me today. I have a funny mommy post that you will appreciate : )