Thursday, July 16, 2009

6 Month Check Up...

Today happens to be my Birthday...and...Sofia's 6 month check up! I didn't plan that one very well. Charlie was home sick from work. Another exciting factor of my Birthday....In the morning we opened presents...Charlie and Sofia bought me Birkenstock sandals...another post for another time...
(they since have been returned)
So in the afternoon we took Sofia to the doctor...As soon as her doctor walked into the room...the tears started flowing. She screamed the entire time he examined her. She weighs 17 pounds 7 ounces and is 25 1/2 inches long. Finally, the doctor was finished. It took both Charlie and I about 10 minutes to calm her down. We tried everything. As soon as she stopped crying...in walks the nurse to give her 3 shots!!!
We all know how that went over...
We came home around 3:30 and Charlie and Sofia went straight to bed for a nap. Around 7 o'clock, the rest of my family still sleeping... I ordered my favorite Chi Chi's to go. Went by myself to pick it up. And enjoyed dinner with my best friend TiVo. Not the best Birthday ever, but I was with the ones I love...so it will do!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Birkenstocks. WHAT? Be still my heart. I thought California was fashion forward. At least you had ChiChi's. That is a plus! : )

girlytwins said...

Haha. Birkenstocks would be a big no no in my closet too :) LOL.

happy belated birthday!!!

Yea after you have kids birthdays just aren't that exciting anymore :)